27 January 2008

To have another profile, I needed a new blog

For the Outlands History project I've just set up, I wanted another profile. To have another profile, I needed a new blog.

It's not a bad idea, though.   Each of the blogs I have has a stated purpose and audience.  This one can be for me, my friends, my students, and anyone else who's interested.

I've been in the SCA for over thirty years now, sometimes extremely active and busy, holding two offices, publishing, attending tons of events, and sometimes hanging back and sewing and cooking for those who are going to events.  As I write this, I'm in a VERY active phase, but not attending events, and so I've taken a persona change I've long considered.  That's detailed here:  
sandradodd.com/sca/aeanchoress

Sometimes I have the urge to express something that's too deep for a discussion list, too personal for ThinkWell, and too philosophical for the history blog or list. On those I feel a responsibility to keep to topic and not rock the boat unnecessarily. Here I can have rough seas that affect no boat but my own, I hope. I still do have students and associates, some of whom are more easily shaken than others, so I'll keep them in mind.

Sometimes there will be no storm at all, I'm sure, but seeming hibernation and boredom. I've come to treasure days when nothing is happening, nobody calls, there's no personal mail. I used to seek busy-ness, but I'm settling down into being happy just being happy.

It might seem busy to others, but compared to my own busiest seasons, I'm living a very quiet life.

No comments: